My recipes will be a little different than ones you are used to seeing. I may not list measurements, or I may not put detailed procedures. Cooking is about experimenting with ingredients and techniques. The bottom line is have fun and if it doesn't turn out, make an adjustment and try again. This is why I am not a baker.
BUFFALO CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Everywhere I bring my balls people love them! I serve them at the restaurant as an appetizer served with a blue cheese salsa and buttermilk ranch. It's like the best wing you've ever had, with no mess.
ground chicken thighs
yellow onion (small dice)
celery (small dice)
colemans dry mustard powder
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Method Of Procedure:
- saute the celery and onion over medium heat until onions are translucent, cool to room temp
- if you are grinding your own meat, mix the above with the chicken before and grind together, remember to chill your grinder beforehand
- if you are using store bought ground chicken (which is fine) mix vegetables with meat thoroughly
- mix in all the spices, the egg, and season with salt and pepper
- mix in panko a little at a time just until you can form a ball
- fry up a little patty and taste for proper seasoning (don't skip this step!!!)
- meanwhile, chill mixture and allow panko to soften
- once you are happy with the seasoning, start making meatballs
- bake in the oven @ 325F for about 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165F
These beauties are delicious with Texas Pete and a little butter or your favorite BBQ sauce or even tomato sauce!